“Once you believe that you can do something, there is not a single person in the universe who can convince you otherwise”
Do you have an idea for a company that could be the next Google or Facebook? Startup Success is essential if you’re a modern entrepreneur. Perfect for anyone working on a startup idea, from potential founders to those who just enjoy going to Startup Weekend gatherings.
Greetings! I’m Mubashir Hassan, Entrepreneur & Startups Founder. Let’s Collaborate.
Build that Thing!
Let’s Empower Pakistan! Come up with innovative ideas & Build something people want to buy your services or products.
A Startup doesn’t require large capital, Startup need a unique funding model. Startups need a good idea and competence.
Opportunities are HUGE
“Opportunities in Pakistan”
- Pakistan 5th largest country in the world; 73% urban.
- 500,000 university graduates every year!
- 161 Million Mobile Phone Users ► 8th largest market in the world. 87% of households
- 70 Million Internet Users ► 14th in the world ► Population of France, Italy, United Kindom.
- 40 Million Social Media Users ► Population of Canada
- Pakistan middle-class 40% of the population (vs India: 25%)
- Pakistan has the 18th largest middle-class in the world vs bigger than the entire population of Germany.
- The median wealth of Pakistani households is three times higher than that of households in India ($10,014 vs. $3,237)
- 4th largest cotton producer ► 2.5 t/hectare (1/2 China)
- 5th largest sugarcane producer ► 63.4 t/hectare (1/2 Egypt)
- 10th largest rice producer ► 2.7 t/hectare (1/3rd US)
- No company can predict yield
- Half of Agri produce is wasted
- Food & Grocery: $53 Billion!
- No one knows how many shops and what they sell.
How To Raise Money From Investors To Build Your Startup Follow the playbook of successful startups:
1 Pre-Seed Funding (Early Stage, Pre-Product):
Structure (loan or convertible note)
“I HAVE A GREAT IDEA AND NEED MONEY TO BRING IT TO MARKET!”
Source: Friends and family, Crowdfunding
- Convertible Note
A convertible note is a form of short-term debt that converts into equity, typically in conjunction with a future financing round; In effect, the investor would be loaning money to a startup, and instead of a return in the form of a principal plus interest, the investor would receive equity in the company.
the practice of funding a project or venture by raising money from a large number of people who each contribute a relatively small amount, typically via the internet.
Pre-Seed Investment Aims to Achieve
- Product Creation (Develop your product and ready it for market)
- Product Launch (From beta to hard launch. It’s time to unveil the product)
- Product Alignment (listen to analytics and your customer to refine your product )
- Gain Traction (Begin to build a consistent source or customer and revenue)
2 Seed (Early Stage, Immature Product)
Structure (10%-50% Equity)
“I HAVE LAUNCHED MY PRODUCT AND SHOWING POSITIVE TRACTION!”
Equity typically referred to as shareholder’s equity(or owner’s equity for privately held companies), represents the amount of money that would be returned to a company’s shareholder if all of the assets were liquidated and all of the company’s debt was paid off in the case of liquidation. In the case of acquisition, it is the value of the company’s sale minus any liabilities owed by the company not transferred with the sale.
Seed Investment Aim to Achieve
- Accelerate Traction (Add some more Fuel to the Fire)
- Marketplace Orientation (understand the market and where your products fit)
- User Targeting (Understand your user and what resonates with them)
- Team Creation (Bring on the right staff and vendors)
3 SERIES A (Early-Stage, Maturing Product)
Structure (15%-30% Equity)
” I HAVE FIGURED OUT MY PRODUCT AND MARKET AND IT’S TIME TO SCALE!”
Source: (Angel Investors)
- Angel Investor
An Angel Investor (Also known as a private investor, seed investor, or angel funder) is a high-net-worth individual who provides financial backing for small startups or entrepreneurs, typically in exchange for ownership equity in the company. Often, angel investors are found among an entrepreneur’s family and friends.
- Series A Round Investment Aim to Achieve
- Optimize (Optimize your business and grease it for growth)
- Stage 2 (Take your company to the Next Level)
- New Markets (Open new markets or Expand customer acquisition Efforts)
- ShortFall (Offset financial shortfalls as you transition to growth
4 SERIES B (Later Stage, Establish Product)
Structure (3%+ equity)
“WE ARE WELL ON OUR WAY!”
Source: (Venture Capital Firm)
- Venture Capital Firm Venture Capital is a form of prie to startup companies and small businesses that are believed to have long-term growth potential. Venture capital generally comes from well-off investors, investment banks aviate equity, and a type of financing that investors provided any other financial institutions.
Series B Round Investment Aims to Achieve
- Team Expansion (You need a lot more people, they’re expensive.)
- Globalization (Time to take this beast global!
- Acquisitions (Growth through acquisitions and mergers)
The purpose of a startup is to figure out the right thing to build – the thing customers want and will pay for, and how to build it. The world’s most successful startups, like Google, owe much of their success to “blue ocean” strategies – ideas that redefine existing markets or create new ones. Blue oceans are characterized by untapped market space, huge growth, sound fundamentals, and a lack of competition. Launching a blue ocean business means creating a new market space where no competitor has gone before So How Did You Like Our Blog Ideas? What do you think? Did we cover our blog topics well? Did we miss any interesting blog topics?
I hope you’ve enjoyed this topic. Have fun trying out your new awesome idea and hopefully.
Did I miss something? What other posts could be included? If you enjoyed this blog, take a look at my other blog posts! I hope you enjoyed this article and if you did then please do like it. Also if you did not like it then please tell us in the comments so that we can improve next time.
Thank You For Reading. Feel free to share it with your friends and family. And if you have any other ideas for blogs that I should write, please let me know in the comments section below.